Kashmir Shaiva Institute
(Ishwar Ashram Trust- R-5, Pocket D, SaritaVihar, New Delhi -110076)
Founded by Shaivacharya Swami Lakshmanjoo Maharaj
Course information and necessary details
The aim of the course is to instruct students of all ages to be educated in Kashmir Shaivism, its philosophy, ethics and meditation. Various aspects of Kashmir Shaivism shall be taught by senior scholars in the Ashram as well as by visiting Professors.
The course is open to all people above the age of 20 yrs. Applicants should be able to understand English/Hindi and be of good health. Knowledge of Sanskrit is desirable but not compulsory.
Over the one week duration of the course, the students will have a comprehensive course of study including classes in the History of Kashmir Shaivism, its philosophy, and other related issues. The focus of the workshop shall be on the text of Shiv Sutras.
Applications are hereby invited from individuals, nominees of university students , Institution nominees for undergoing the 2nd residential Course in Kashmir Shaivism of one week duration, i.e., 4th Dec 2016- 10th Dec 2016. This Course will be held in the Ashram premises at the Delhi Kendra of the Ishwar Ashram Trust (located at R 5, Pocket D, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi).
Components of course
- The course is open to all. The classes are for admitted applicants who have been duly registered as students for the course. However only limited seats (approximately 15) are available
- Age Group: Above 20 yrs
- Preferably Graduate with keen spiritual aspiration and interest in the practice of Kashmir Shaivism.
- Should have sound health.
- Must be able to understand and converse in English/Hindi. Knowledge of Sanskrit is desirable but not compulsory.
- The medium of instruction shall be English/Hindi
- Duration of the Course:-One week course.
- Syllabus Details : Please see the “Course Syllabus”for detailed syllabus for the course.
- Registration for course: Please see the “Application Form” for all details of the registration process. Registration Form and all supporting documents, complete in all aspects should reach the Ashram office by 15th Oct 2016.
- Scope and syllabus of the Course
- An outline study of History of Kashmir Shaivism including tracing of the lineage from Svacchandanatha to His Holiness Swami Lakshmanjoo Maharaj
- Audio study of Revelations of Text : Shiv Sutras by Shaivacharya Swami Lakshmanjoo Maharaj
- Distinguished faculty of Kashmir Shaivism shall take classes on the above text throughout the week.
- Group discussions, Questions and Answers and final day paper presentation with evaluation will form part of the Course.
- Reading: Suitable time in the evening shall be kept for study in the ashram library.
- Fees: As stated in the registration form
- Food: Pure vegetarian food will be provided (three meals a day). No outside food is allowed in the ashram premises Smoking, drinking and use of intoxicants are strictly prohibited
- Application form duly filled in should reach the undersigned by 15th October 2016. Written confirmation shall be sent to selected candidates. The selected candidates should report to the ashram complex at Sarita Vihar, New Delhi on 4th December 2016 at 9 AM
- The aim of the course is to emphasise the practical nature of Kashmir Shaivism, a philosophy that can be practiced by all humanity irrespective of caste, creed and color
The one week course shall have the following components
Text to be studied
- Audio/Video lectures by His Holiness Shaivacharya Swami Lakshmanjoo Maharaj
- Lectures by learned scholars of Kashmir Shaivism
- Yoga sessions
- Group Discussions
The texts that shall be studied in the course will be
- Shiva Sutras, The Supreme Awakening – By Swami Lakshmanjoo: This shall be the main text for the course
- Shivasutra-vimarsini and Shivasutra vartika
- Self Realization in Kashmir Shaivism – By Swami Lakshmanjoo, chapters 2 and 4 ‘Practice and Discipline’
- Kashmir Shaivism, The Secret Supreme – By Swami Lakshmanjoo, chapter 13 ‘Birth of the Tantras’
Faculty for the workshop
Eminent faculty from all over India
Typical Schedule for all days
|5.30 AM||Getting up/Freshening up|| |
|6.00 AM to 7.00 AM||Meditation||Prayer Hall, Ground Floor|
|7.00 AM to 7.30 AM||Yogic Exercises and Asanas||Basement Floor|
|7.30 AM- 8.30 AM||Free time (Personal chores, Laundry etc)|| |
|8.30 AM- 9 .00 AM||Breakfast||Basement Floor|
|9 .00 AM – 10.00 AM||Recorded Lecture – His Holiness Swami Lakshmanjoo Maharaj||Prayer Hall|
|10.15 AM to 12.45 PM||Lectures||Basement Floor|
|1.00 PM – 1.45 PM||Lunch||Basement Floor|
|2.00 PM – 4.45 PM||Lectures||Basement Floor|
|4.45 PM – 5.15 PM||Tea||Basement Floor|
|5.15 PM – 6.00 PM||Group Discussion/ Bhajan/Satsang/||Basement Floor|
|6.00 PM – 7.15 PM ||Library time||Basement Floor|
|7.15 PM – 7.45 PM||Evening Pooja and Aarti||Prayer Hall, Ground Floor|
|7.45 PM – 8.30 PM||Dinner||Basement Floor|
|8.30 PM- 9.00 PM||Free time|| |
|9.00 PM||Retire to bed||Respective Rooms|
All the candidates shall be doing a presentation at the end of the course and shall be evaluated by the same. In addition, the candidate shall fill in the self- assessment forms as well. The books designated as the core texts shall constitute the syllabus for the written text. The candidates shall be presented with a certificate at the conclusion of the course.
The course shall be conducted at the Ishwar Ashram Trust complex located at R-5, Pocket D, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi. The ashram is conveniently approachable by road as well as by Delhi metro. The closest Metro station is the Sarita Vihar Metro station.(Ashram complex is a 10min walk). Alternately rickshaws are readily available near the metro station.
Simple vegetarian meals shall be served during the period of the course. Strict adherence to the timing of the meals is expected. No meals shall be served beyond or before the designated hours. No outside food is allowed to be brought in the ashram premises. Daily utility items are readily available outside the Ashram
Sharing accommodation shall be provided to the selected candidates (2-3 students would be accommodated in one room). Beds, bedding and basic furniture shall be provided by the ashram. However the candidates are expected to keep their rooms’ clean and tidy at all times.
Candidates are advised to take care of personal belongings at all times during their stay at ashram. The ashram would not be responsible for misplacement or theft of articles during the stay of the candidates
- The selected student alone is expected to come. He is not permitted to bring along any other family member or relative with him
- The syllabus is subject to slight alterations without previous notice, in case such a need arises
All communication to be addressed to
The Course Director,
Kashmir Shaiva Institute,
Ishwar Ashram Trust- R-5, Pocket D,
SaritaVihar, New Delhi -110076.
Tel :011-26958308, 8130040670,9818409517
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Apllication Form in MS Word Format: Download
Admission Notice and Course Details in MS Word Format: Download
Circular : Download